Friday, October 3, 2008

muddiest point

My muddiest point for the week is concerning the google talk we watched this week. I understand that allowing employees the 20% of time to work on their own special projects is important, but I also think that the push toward a semantic web is something that would benefit google. I just wonder why this isn't being pushed further in the amount of time employees spend...is google just trying to make its employees happy? I think that Orkut was a good idea (social networking is really popular right now) but I don't think it's really a "thinking ahead" kind of project, as working on the semantic web would be.

1 comment:

Daqing said...

google assumes that its employee need that freedom so that more innovative ideas and projects can be generated. Google thinks that this model would make its employees more productive.